Monday, 8 February 2016
20 Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
We live in a prevailing world of social-media. There are some wonderful benefits to social-media: keeping in touch with long-time friends, getting your brand out there, even just social-media intended for a good laugh. With the good, however, always comes the bad. There are some cringe-worthy posts out there that make you want to run and hide…far far away from the internet.
We’ve compiled a list of the Dos and the Don’ts for posting online and consider these best practices good advice for anyone on social media.
- Do post pictures regularly
- Don’t feel the need to post excessively throughout the day
- Do proofread before posting
- Don’t include profanity in your posts
- Do keep it classy
- Don’t post negative comments
- Do spread positivity and compliment others
- Don’t use social-media to insult others, if you have something bad to say keep it off the internet
- Do remember whatever you post will be on the internet for the long-run
- Don’t feel the need to prove you’re having a great life through social-media
- Do enjoy life, and post on social-media if you feel it’s beneficial
- Don’t post personal information
- Do use social-media to stay connected
- Don’t give into comparing yourself to others by followers and likes, that’s not what life is about
- Do post what makes you happy
- Don’t ever feel obligated to post anything
- Do take frequent breaks from social media. Nothing’s worse than trying to have a conversation with someone scrolling through their Instagram feed
- Don’t use social media to rant about personal problems, that’s what friends are for
- Do respond back to other people’s comments on your posts, it lets them know you’ve seen and value what they have to say
- Don’t give into social media drama, if you see it stay clear, there is no need to get yourself involved
Monday, 1 February 2016
Developing Self-Esteem In Girls
Developing self-esteem in girls is so important to begin at a young age, because that foundation is something you carry with you throughout your whole life. Self-esteem not only affects the way we see ourselves but it can also play a role in the goals we set for ourselves and our ability to achieve those goals.
We live in a tough day and age as photoshop and filters prevail. This idea of “perfection” is something girls think is obtainable because they see it in magazines or on the television screen, but let’s be realistic, it’s not.
It’s important to shows girls their self-worth from a young age. Of course, it’s important to show boys as well, but especially in today’s world girls become more subject to low self-esteems. This stems from a young age.
Girls see this false image of perfection, whether it be in a Disney movie or their favorite fashion doll, it creates a sense of desire to obtain the unobtainable. Now we’re not saying, don’t let your daughter watch her favorite fairy movie or play with dolls, but it’s important to establish real beauty versus what we see on TV.
Real beauty is what’s on the inside. Having a kind heart, being honest, brains. This is what matters. Beauty can go far, but brains can go even farther!
- Every day tell your daughter how proud of her you are!
- Sometimes we forget what an impact acceptance plays in self-esteem
- The way we see our child becomes the way they see themselves, as long as you remember to remind them how special they are
- Avoid using terms that speak negatively about outer appearance like “fat” or “ugly”
- According to the NEDA (National Eating Disorder Association) website “40-60% of elementary school girls (ages 6-12) are concerned about their weight or about becoming too fat. This concern endures through life.”
- Starting negativity spreads negativity
- Drop comparisons
- Once we start comparing ourselves to others we tend to lose sight of all the great qualities we possess
- Try to not compare your daughter to others
- Be active
- There is no doubt that leading an active life is both beneficial for the body and mind, starting this at a young age is important
- Plan date days doing things that your daughter enjoys
- Setting aside time during our hectic lives to enjoy quality time with your daughter will help boost their self-esteem
- It’s so important to teach young girls that their voice matters
- Taking the time to hear what your daughter has to say will help develop her self-worth at a young age
- Give them freedom to make choices
- Don’t become a helicopter when parenting
- Of course it’s important to teach her but let her make certain decisions for herself, on their own
- Making wrong decisions is how we learn
- Encourage her dreams
- Young girls are capable of anything!
- Remind them of that
We love the Always campaign from a couple years ago #LikeAGirl empowering young women to believe in their ability. No one should feel hindered in their capabilities because of their sex. Check out this video:
And this from GoldieBlox “A toy company out to show the world that girls deserve more choices than dolls and princesses. We believe that femininity is strong and girls will build the future — literally.” :
Remember, Girls Rule!
Thursday, 21 January 2016
Baby it’s cold!
Headed out for a jog with my little carrot top and our Joovy Zoom! Thanks for helping this mom get back in shape
Photo by Ginger J.
Tuesday, 19 January 2016
The Joovy Spoon is great! I like that it’s simple and well made. The youngest likes that he can a) keep up with his brothers AND b) get away from them when he feels smothered by all the lovin’! The youngest has also requested his “own Room” 😉
Photo by Star M.
Monday, 18 January 2016
Joovy announces the release of a new jogging stroller, the Zoom360 Ultralight. This sleek and sporty jogger prioritizes mobility and functionality while respecting your checkbook.
Active parents want to be outside moving, burning calories and seeing the world. The Zoom360 Ultralight is a high-performing jogger that offers the best running experience possible. Meeting this expectation, the Zoom360 Ultralight is feature-packed and weighs in at 10% lighter than the previous model at 25.7 lbs. Graphite colored aluminum frame and blacked out rims give the Zoom360 Ultralight a sporty, contemporary appeal. With the highest-riding seat and capacity of 75 lbs, this jogger has a long operating life.
“The USA jogging stroller market is loaded with products that are very expensive or ridiculously cheap. Quality is either stellar or non-existent. The mid/high price point of the Zoom360 Ultralight positions it perfectly in today’s marketplace,” says Robert Gardner, founder and CEO of Joovy.
In step with its high-end competition, the Zoom360 Ultralight comes with a straight through axle and excellent suspension for the smoothest ride. The Zoom360 has the capability to lock the front swivel wheel, which allows an easy transition from running to walking. Included with the Zoom is a neoprene parent organizer that holds two cups, has a zippered container, and uses a simple on/off mounting system.
Infant car seat adapters allow parents to use the Zoom360 Ultralight with infants and are available for Britax/BOB B-Safe, Graco Classic Connect, Graco Click Connect, Chicco Key Fit, UppaBaby Mesa, Maxi Cosi/Cybex Aton, Peg Perego Primo Viaggio SIP 30/30. These are available as a separate purchase.
The introduction of the Zoom360 Ultralight illuminates Joovy’s dedication to bring innovative, quality products to the market while offering active parents a jogging stroller with a robust feature set, excellent functionality andresponsible price tag.
- Light jogger at 26 lbs.
- Quick & compact fold
- Quick-release, removable wheels
- Highest riding seat
- Parent organizer included
- Shock absorbent suspension
- Pneumatic 12” front and 16” rear tires
- Blacked-out aluminum rims and spokes
- Extra large canopy with sun visor canopy
- Aluminum footrest
- One-step linked parking brake
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Locking front swivel wheel
- Extra wide seat with mesh pockets for toys, gear etc.
- Made of 6061 aircraft aluminum
- MSRP $299.99
Thursday, 7 January 2016
GEAR FOR EVERY BUDGET
The January edition of Pregnancy & Newborn magazine features registry must-haves and the Joovy WoodNook is a featured high chair!
Most of the products mentioned are available at buybuy Baby stores and the WoodNook is available at buybuybaby.com.
Check out the WoodNook high chair with all its practical features:
- Aesthetically appealing
- 100% sustainable Monterey Pine
- Adjustable tray
- Dishwasher-safe tray cover
- Crotch restraint and 5-point harness
- 4 colors: blueberry, charcoal, purpleness & black
Tuesday, 29 December 2015
LIGHTWEIGHT, FULL-FEATURED STROLLER
The Balloon appeals to parents interested in a stroller that is ultra-lightweight and offers maximum functionality. The Balloon tips the scale at 12.7 lbs., putting it in the class of lightest strollers on the market today. Additionally, it is easy to put in the trunk of the car, use on public transportation and has a simple, one-hand standing fold for upright storing.
The cushioned, multi-position reclining seat is comfortable and perfect for on-the-go naps with its near flat recline and the bassinet-mode is ideal for newborns. The reversible handle flips so parents can stroll eye-to-eye and have easy access to baby. For children with separation anxiety this feature is a lifesaver!
A universal car seat adapter is included to create a lightweight travel system adding another mode of convenient mobility.
Protecting baby from the harmful rays of the sun is a priority and this huge canopy offers UPF 50 coverage with its sleek new design.
The Balloon is the perfect solution for strolling mobility. Stroll in style while baby is comfy and well supported in a versatile, ultra-compact, and feature-packed stroller. The Balloon is suitable from birth to 45 lbs.
UPF 50 Protection
There is a global trend to add UPF protection to fabrics in clothing and gear. The Ultraviolet Protection Factor (UPF) measures the UV protection provided by fabric and is like the SPF ratings for sunscreens. A fabric with a UPF of 50 allows only 1/50th of the UV rays to pass through it.
Joovy has introduced this technology to the canopy of the Balloon for the best protection of your baby.
The reversible handle allows you to stroll facing baby while newborn babies are comfy in the bassinet-like seat. With its deep recline, adjustable footrest and foot enclosure, the seat easily transports baby while napping.
The huge canopy has UPF 50 protection which allows only 1/50th of the UV rays to pass through it the canopy ensuring baby for maximum protection.
The Balloon as it is equipped with a universal car seat adapter (works with most brands) to create a lightweight travel system.
The simple one-hand fold allows for quick folding action for easy storing.
- One-Hand Standing Fold
- Reversible Handle
- Huge Canopy with UPF 50
- Removable, Washable Bumper Bar
- Adjustable Foot Rest with Foot Enclosure
- Universal Car Seat Adapter
- Aluminum frame
- Multi-position Seat
- 2 Removable Cup Holders
- 6 Inch Wheels
- Storage basket
The Balloon retails for $199.99 and comes in 6 fabulous colors: pink, blue, green, red, yellow and black! Check it out here!
Tuesday, 24 November 2015
The beautiful country singer/actress Jana Kramer and her husband Michael Caussin celebrated their baby shower hosted by the Good Carma Studio girls. The shower was beautifully appointed and celebrated the upcoming birth of a baby daughter, due in February.
We are thrilled to say that Jana is a fan of Joovy. Here she is with the PPSU Gift Set that she received at the shower.
Photo credit: Ashly Hylbert
Friday, 20 November 2015
We all have something or many things we fear. I am afraid of sharks and am certain that if I go into the ocean, a great white will find me. To handle this, I simply stay out of the ocean which is an easy solution. Avoidance of something you fear is not always possible. Panic overtakes me when I think of flying and travel is part of my life. If you are sitting next to me on a plane you will see me grasping a charm with my eyes closed and reciting a prayer for the first 15 minutes of the flight. My faith also helps me with my fears about my children getting hurt or making good decisions. As we get older we learn how to deal with our fears (or not) or to bury them very deep.
It is a different story for our children. Childhood fears are developmentally normal. In a way they help to keep children safe by causing them to avoid some dangerous situations. From a very young age children can be afraid of a broad range of things from darkness, toilets, monsters, being alone, animals, some movies, separation, strangers, bad dreams, to weather, to name a few.
All of my children have been afraid of things from germs to darkness to strangers. Our recent struggle is with our daughter who is afraid to go downstairs to her bedroom alone; even for a moment. I have to admit, I was beginning to get frustrated with her fear. I needed to get to the bottom of it so I sat down with her to have a conversation. She began by telling me she was afraid of scary things. Digging a little deeper, I discovered she was afraid of a bad person, a stranger in her room. She had seen a show on TV where this happened and had started to dream about it. Now she says she thinks about it whenever she is alone in her room and especially when it’s dark. That night when it was time for bed, we looked in closets, under beds, in the garage, and in the hall closet near her room. I showed her that there were no strangers in any of those places. We made sure there was a flashlight by her bed if she needs to come to me at night. I am hoping this will help her to overcome her fears but realize it may take time and more steps.
Here are some general steps to help your child with their fears:
- Acknowledge their fears are real. Do not tell them that monsters are not real or that there’s nothing to be afraid of in the dark. Tell them something about your own fears.
- Do not make them feel ashamed of their fears. If you discount their fears, they may shut down and not share with you. You do not want them to be embarrassed.
- Share stories of fairy tales or heroes. Read them an age appropriate book about characters who overcame their fears. (As a starting point, try looking at the chapter on courage in The Book of Virtue: A Treasury of Great Moral Stories, ISBN: 0-671-68306-3, since it contains some selections for different ages with good introductions to each selection.) Watch a movie together that deals with putting fears to rest, maybe Monsters, Inc.
- Be honest.
Friday, 13 November 2015
Register to Win Daily, Weekly and $1000 Grand Prize
WINNERS POSTED AT THE BOTTOM OF POST
DALLAS, Texas (November 2015) – Joovy announces a social media giveaway for the popular PPSU Boob Baby Bottle to drive registries at BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us.
The innovative bottle is a favorite of babies and parents alike because of its superior nipple, vent system and bottle materials. Those who register for the PPSU Boob Baby Bottle Gift Set at partner retailers Babies R Us and buybuy Baby are eligible to enter the contest which starts November 12 and runs through midnight, November 30. Registries can be placed online or in the store. A grand prize of $1,000 of Joovy products will be awarded on December 1. Weekly drawings for PPSU Boob Gift Sets will be drawn on November 16, 23 and 30. Additional prizes include daily PPSU Boob bottle giveaways as well as Joovy gear to those who are already using the Boob and share a photo on their Instagram. Follow the contest at #BabyBottleLove and #PPSUBabyBottle. Complete contest details are available HERE.
In 2013, Joovy introduced the PPSU Boob Baby Bottle. This superior bottle is made of Polyphenylsulfone, an incredibly durable material that has the best properties of glass and plastic and offers consistency in the feeding experience. This medical-grade plastic is used in hospitals and can withstand repeated sterilizations at high temperatures without changing the composition of the material. Because of this, it is the perfect material for baby bottles. Moreover, like glass, PPSU does not absorb stains or odors. Like plastic, PPSU is durable, impact-resistant and lightweight.
Venting in bottle technology is important so that baby gets milk or formula rather than air while feeding. When baby ingests air they can get gassy or ‘colicky.’ A venting system regulates airflow into the bottle, allowing baby to continue sucking without having to take a break. The CleanFlow™Vent system is an integral part of the Boob Bottles. This quad vent system offers consistent venting, no matter how the bottle is held. The CleanFlow™Vent is a one-piece vent that is easy to clean and reassemble.
The nipple of the Boob Baby Bottle is shaped deep and wide to offer babies a latch similar to when they latch at the breast. The nipple a soft, yet firm, which helps prevent nipple collapse, a frustrating experience for feeding babies. Molded flow rates in the nipples offer consistency so preemies, babies and toddlers have the perfect amount of liquid for a satisfying feeding experience.
In support of breastfeeding moms, Joovy has introduced the Naturally Nood Nipple. This innovative nipple has the same shape as the original nipple with the addition of wrinkles, bumps and a mock areola because texture is also part of a consistent experience for babies. The Naturally Nood nipple is designed to help “difficult” transitions from breast to bottle.
Babies have voted and they love the PPSU Boob and their parents do too, “Love these bottles! Lightweight & amazingly durable. Super easy to assemble, wash, use, & our exclusively breastfed baby transitioned well to these. We did have to purchase a set of fast flow nipples, but that’s with any bottle purchase. Wish I found these before trying all the more “popular” brands.” (Amazon, October 2015)
Millennial parents are actively searching for products that are not only friendly to the planet, they want products that offer high functionality and, most importantly, are safe for baby. They are willing to spend a little more to get the very best product available. The Joovy PPSU Boob offers a bottle made of superior materials, a vent system with state-of-the-art technology, and a nipple babies love. Together these components offer baby the best, most consistent feeding experience in a bottle system that is up to their expectations.
Daily Boob Bottle Winners
November 13 Alannah Henhawk
November 14 Krystina Sanchez
November 15 Pamela Perry
November 16 Amanda Gannon
November 17 Scott Markman
November 18 Mandy Perzel
November 19 Julie Clooney
November 20 Sara Leon
November 21 Krystina Sanchez
November 22 Kim Wessel
November 23 Marilyn Lewis
November 24 Regina Wright
November 25 Heidi Castaneda
November 26 Neesa Cordova
November 27 Jung Park
November 28 Janelle Peterkin
November 29 Tiffany Schmidt
November 30 Amy Hall
WEEKLY PPSU Gift Set WINNERS:
November 16 Christina Marie
November 23 Vittoria Legrand
November 30 Bridget Miller
GRAND PRIZE WINNER $1000 in Joovy products
December 1 Jill Staszewski