That milestone decision has been made: itâ€™s time for your child to learn to ride a bike!Â Â Now, you just need the equipment.Â Here are 5 reasons modern parents are choosing balance bikes over bikes with training wheels:
- A bike without pedals allows your child to focus on learning one task at a time: balancing.Â Â By isolating and allowing them to master this one thing they gain confidence.Â Â Your job?Â Â Praise, praise, praise them! Â
- Training wheels prolong the pain!Â Â What?Â Â Yes, this is true.Â Â It takes kids longer to learn to balanceÂ correctlyÂ on a bike with training wheels.Â Â When kids turn on a bike with training wheels, they lean into the training wheel instead of actually learning to balance.Â Â This leads to dependence on the training wheels.Â Â That’s why, when the trainers come off, kids usually fall and cry and donâ€™t want to get on the bike again.Â Â This equals negative experience. Â
- Very young children can straddle the balance bike and walk.Â The sooner, the better rule applies here. Â Most balance bikes are age graded for 3 and up.Â
- Independence.Â Yes, your toddler can get a big taste of independence learning to ride a balance bike.Â They will show you how itâ€™s done mom and dad.
- Training wheels look old fashioned.Â Yep, this is true and balance bikes have a coolness factor that says youâ€™re an in the know parent.
Why complicate things mom and dad?Â Â Lose the training wheels and youâ€™ll have one less thing to manage, your child will amaze you and youâ€™ll be building a foundation of confident kid who owns the world! Hooray for balance bikes!