Hope the dad(s)in your life had a wonderful Father’s day! It’s fun to celebrate and fete those guys who we look up to and count on as father figures. We love that many of them are already ‘Joovy Dads’ and look forward to the others who will be one day soon!
Our Dads Day Gear Up was fun and we have winners! Congratulations to all and thank you ALL for participating!
theBabaSling Betty Evans-Beck
Nook Randi L Rohman
MoonRoom Trisha Worley
TooFold Angela Burgess Villa
Winners should check their inbox for instructions on how to redeem your prize!
Here comes Father’s Day! Dads have their own style and way of getting things done SO, to celebrate all things DAD, we want to offer some of our super spectacular DAD GEAR for the ACTIVE DAD in your life. At Joovy, we embrace active lifestyles and encourage all families to get outside and enjoy the fresh air. The season of outdoor living is upon us and we think its important to get kids outside: beach, park, camp, backyard! And, why not take along some cool Joovy gear to make the adventure enjoyable and fun?
Dad’s Day Gear Up Giveaway starts today and runs through June 12. Please use #DadsDayGearUp and #ActiveDad when sharing.
Check out the line-up of prizes!
This is a guest post and giveaway from our friends at Spral Pal, the most amazing way to rinse cloth diapers easily in your home. Joovy is delighted to participate and so happy to share these wonderful products with all of you.
You may be wondering why a brand like Spray Pal would be writing about tips for helping your kids succeed without their cloth diapers, but here’s the thing. Most parents find that their kids will actually potty train sooner when wearing cloth. This is likely due to the fact that with cloth diapers, you have the option of allowing your child to feel the wetness, which signals to them that something has happened down there that they don’t necessarily feel comfortable sitting in, as opposed to disposable diapers which contain harsh chemicals and “stay dry crystals” that are meant to keep your child from feeling wet.
Mini Spray Pal 1.0 actually started noticing this phenomenon at around 18 months, and by 21 months she was telling us in her own words and signals that she wanted to go on the potty and didn’t want to wear her diapers anymore. By waiting until she was ready and going off of her cues, she completely ditched the diapers well before she turned 2, which was bittersweet for me because I loved her adorable fluff!
Not to fear, we still had our little guy rocking the cloth in the NICU. Now that he’s turned 2 and is still facing lots of developmental delays, we’re realizing he’ll probably be in his cloth diapers for an extensive amount of time. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t start reading his signals and practicing elimination communication for those times he’s clearly showing us he’s ready to go. Every opportunity for him to communicate something with us is a good one, and this will just prepare him down the road as he starts to make the connection that the bathroom and the toilet is where this stuff is actually supposed to happen.
Here are my tips as we start down the road toward bathroom independence:
So, since we’ve recently started working on this with mini Spray Pal 2.0, we have teamed up with some amazing companies to offer some super helpful tips and products that can make this journey easier! One lucky winner will win a gift set containing one of each of these useful products!
Potty Training Must Haves:
1. Oops! Sheet. Prize value $40. This is a waterproof cotton mattress protector for night time potty training and occasional oopsies. Learning is a process, and accidents can happen, so protect your mattress with this great mom-created product! Available in sizes ranging from crib to king.
2. A Joovy Loo. Prize value $40. In the beginning stages of learning, it’s important that your child have a small, easy to access place to practice using the potty. We highly recommend the Joovy Loo potty chair. The folks at Joovy have designed this potty chair to be just as functional as it is stylish, which means it’s easy to clean (always a plus in the Spray Pal household). You can read more about what makes it so great on their website HERE, and one of you will win one below!
3. EcoNuts Natural Ammonia Bouncer. Prize value $16.50. Depending on how many accidents you have to clean up, you may need this product all throughout the various stages of potty training. I’ve actually seen this product in action first hand, and it’s amazing how it actually does destroy the strong ammonia smell with only natural ingredients! Safe to use on cloth diapers or anything that ends up getting pee on it, you can even add it to a spray bottle to spritz it on accident spots.
4. Joovy StepTool. Prize value $20. Some sort of step stool is a good idea to have around from the very beginning stages of potty learning because your kids will feel a great sense of accomplishment after they do their business and wash their hands in the grown up sink. Joovy is giving away one of their stylish StepTools for this purpose, and it will pair perfectly with our next innovative product.
5. Aquaduck Faucet Extender. Prize Value $13. This is another mom invented product that was created out of necessity. When Susanna’s kids were getting to be too big and heavy to hold up to wash their hands, she created the Aquaduck faucet extender to solve the problem. This makes the water from your sink easy for your child to reach when they’re finished using the potty and need to wash up.
6. A Spray Pal. Prize value $25. You’re probably thinking, “Wait a minute. I already have a Spray Pal. Isn’t it just a cloth diaper sprayer splatter shield for protecting my bathroom and walls from the poop splatter? What does this have to do with potty training?” Well, let me tell you. One of our amazing fans gave us an idea for repurposing the Spray Pal splatter shield after your boys are out of diapers! She has a 4 year old who wakes up in the night to use the bathroom all by himself, which is fantastic, until she wakes up in the morning and wonders why her bathroom smells like urine. Turns out in his half asleep state, he is standing in front of the toilet and just spraying away aimlessly, lol. So she suggested putting the Spray Pal in the toilet as pictured before bed, then it will continue to serve its purpose as the perfect splatter shield even while you sleep!
Little Jimmy can wake up and go to the bathroom as always, and mom can wake up, quickly spray down the Spray Pal with the diaper sprayer and stick it back in the wetbag to tuck it away until the next night. No more mystery urine smell, no more mess to clean, everybody’s happy! Also, we love that this makes your investment in a Spray Pal and a sprayer last even longer and it’s a way to reuse something you already have! I’m even envisioning people drawing bulls-eye targets at the bottom of the Spray Pal to make learning to aim easy and fun. So, if you didn’t think the Spray Pal was a bathroom must have before, and you have a little boy, you may want to reconsider.
7. Oops! Undies. Prize value $30. These waterproof bamboo underwear for kids are the perfect reusable option for that transition out of diapers. They look and feel just like regular underwear, but they will protect against minor accidents if your little one is having a hard time making it to the bathroom on time. These are great for mid to later stage potty training, but if you already have some natural fiber cloth diaper inserts or doublers at home that you’d like to add for extra protection, you can use these even longer! Available in sizes for ages 2-7.
8. Easy Daysies Get Dressed and Bathroom Routine Pack. Prize value $18. This handy magnetic schedule is perfect for kids just getting used to the routing of using the bathroom independently. Personally, I think it’s especially great for kids with special needs who really benefit from having each step visually laid out for them. You can tell this was invented by a former teacher, right?
We wish you all the best of luck as we enter this crazy journey together! You can enter in the rafflecopter below to win a prize package containing each of the items listed above, valued at over $200! Thank you for sharing this giveaway as we help #makeclothmainstream
Thanks to Jen at Spray Pal for these great tips and contest!
I just wanted to say thank you for making the joovy boob. My 3 month old son is exclusively breast fed but I wanted to have a bottle on hand so daddy could feed sometimes. We tried 5 different types of bottles (born free, avent, dr. Browns, tommee tippee and playtex drop ins) and my son refused every single one. Finally one day at buy buy baby I came across the boob bottle and figured why not give it a try. My son instantly took the bottle, and didn’t even flinch. To date he has taken it 4 times with no problems at all. He even suffers from acid reflux and the bottle has not been any problem. I am so thankful for these bottles and how wonderful they are. I can’t sing enough praises.
- Jessica Cook
I wanted to share some pictures with you. We gave the balance bikes to the Quads for Christmas, but they were still to little for them and couldn’t quite touch the floor yet. So we kept them in our living room until they could get the hang of them and reach the ground (softer landing when they fell over on to carpet). Well, four months later and we are riding machines outside. They love the bikes. It has been hard for me to get a picture of all 4 on the bikes at the same time. Usually its one or two, so I finally got a picture of all four last week and have to share with you.
Enjoy and thanks again!!!
- Kari Pata (aka ‘mom’)
Thank you Joovy for blessing us with these great gifts for our quadruplets! Great product from a great company.
- Richard Pata (aka ‘dad’)
This just in from a very happy mom who has had great success with teaching her very young children how to ride a bike with the Bicycoo.
Your balance bikes are amazing. My daughter just turned 4 and has just transitioned to her big girl bike. It took about 30 min for her to learn the pedals and she was off! Everyone who sees her is amazed, she is so tiny. I am so in love with the balance bike, it gave her so much confidence and coordination. My 2 year old is also riding his Joovy BMX, and I feel he is already ready for a pedal bike as well, I am going to give him just a couple more months and than let him transition as well! Thank you so much for the amazing bikes. I can not say enough about them! I wish I could send video, you guys would be amazed.
- Erin (happy Joovy mom)
Drumroll please…… Our winner has been chosen and we want to congratulate Tarin Swain on winning last week’s #JoovyRush giveaway! Tarin, look for an email on how to redeem your prize and welcome to Joovy!
How many strollers do you own? Do you have one for a special outings,city, beach, boardwalk, mall, travel? Isn’t it time for an all-in-one, all-terrain stroller that is functional and FUN?
We are so excited about the new Joovy TooFold that we are giving one away for JoovyRush this week. The awesomeness of the TooFold is obvious at first glance. But then, super awesomeness is revealed when its driver converts it to a tandem stroller in mere seconds. This happens with Transformer™-like action and we are still amazed every time we see this happen!
Unique? Yes. Different looking? Yes. Aren’t we all looking for that, je ne sais quoi? And, those who have driven the TooFold all agree they’ll never go back to a traditional stroller. They’re converted and happy!
We think you’re going to love all this highly-engineered TooFold has to offer from all-wheel suspension, pneumatic tires and adjustable handlebar to a built-in stand-on board, optional second seat and removable/washable seat pads. Please visit the TooFold on our website to get all the features and functionality. Oh, and there are four great colors to choose from: red, yellow, blue and black.
Get in on the fun today and be sure to share with your friends and use #JoovyRush. We want everyone to have a chance to win this hip new ride!
Look what’s made an appearance this month in Pregnancy & Newborn!