On your parenting journey, youâ€™ll discover some pieces of gear are way overrated and some, you truly couldnâ€™t live without.
Since I get the opportunity to review many manufacturer-supplied products at no cost, like the Joovy Foocot, I truly get to see some great products that I would have never known about, as well as some doozies that make me question how they got to market at all.
For our family, the Joovy Foocot has been one of those accidental discoveries that, like a carpet cleaner when you have a sick kid, you may not realize you need it, but once you do, youâ€™ll never want to go without.
In our family, we have many uses for the Joovy Foocot, but these are our 5 favorite.
The Joovy Foocot easily becomes:
- The Sick Bed. Once of my children suffers from febrile seizures, so whenever he is sick, I want him close by. With the Joovy Foocot in two seconds, he has a separate, safe sleep space that is close enough for me to monitor him, but far enough apart so that he doesnâ€™t overheat and we can still all sleep comfortably. Since a fitted crib mattress protector pad fits it perfectly, we put that on for added comfort and protection, shouldÂ a middle of the night mess occur.
- The Guest Bed. When my niece and nephew are visiting, no problem! With more kids than we have beds, the Joovy Foocot comes to the rescue. With a small footprint, it sets upÂ easily in one of the kids rooms and everyone is happy to be together.
- The Vacation Bed. When we take our annual trip to New Hampshire with our family friends, the youngest non-crib sleeping child gets to sleep at the foot of their parents bed in the Joovy Foocot. We couldnâ€™t fit two extra twin mattress on the floor, as there wouldnâ€™t be room, but with the Joovy Foocot, my family of four can bunk in one room easily and comfortably.
- The Travel Bed. Grandparents tend to think bed sharing with a toddler or preschooler will be fine; until theyâ€™ve experienced it firsthand and ended up with a foot in the stomach at 2 am. The Joovy Foocot is so easy to set up and is lightweight so grandmaÂ can give junior his own safe and separate sleep space right next to hers in a flash.
- The Camping Bed. While we havenâ€™t made it out of the backyard yet, during our practice runs at home, the kids have loved being off the floor of the tent and up on the Joovy Foocot. The comfortable and familiar sleep space makes tackling the outdoors a little easier for our little ones, and as a result, everyone gets a better rest.
The Joovy Foocot supports children up to 48 inches and 75 pounds.Â For the price of renting a rolling cot for your hotel room duringÂ a vacation, you can have a Joovy Foocot on hand to use anytime, anywhere.
Michelle LaRowe is a mom, award-winning nanny, parenting author and executive director of