Friday, 11 March 2016
We receive feedback all the time and love when our blogging community shares comments they’ve received about our customer service and products too. We recently received this from our friend, Ashley from Spitup Is The New Black.
“Hi sweetie. I wanted to share this with you since it was your blog that lead me to this company. This is a happy experience so don’t worry. All too often I find myself writing negative reviews b/c of bad products or bad customer service… but today I was blown away by Joovy. After I read your review of their boob bottle and nood nipples, I knew I had to give them a try, especially since they made glass bottles which was big on my want list. We purchased 6 glass bottles for home use and 8 PPSU’s for daycare (she hasn’t started but we figured we’d use them as backups at home until she started daycare). Anyway, a few weeks ago Jon got so upset b/c one of the bottles leaked. It didn’t just leak though, it spilled the entire content of my ever so valuable breast milk all over Abby. She was devastated. I told him he was probably tired and didn’t tighten it enough. But it seemed it was happening every day… and it was no longer limited to one bottle but to three of them. I figured “we must be doing something wrong.” I called up joovy and they were very helpful. They said the plastic on the top had likely gotten stripped but they had corrected that issue in a newer version of the top and offered to send us a replacement for the three tops. they requested though that I send them a copy of a receipt showing we had bought the bottles. I was a bit annoyed to be honest b/c in my head I thought “well… what am I going to do with a top if I don’t own the bottle. This is silly.” Also, it was difficult b/c most of them were purchased off our registry as gifts. But I did find a receipt for 3 of them that we purchased ourselves. Today, the box arrived with the replacement tops. But when I opened it, there weren’t tops inside. They replaced all three glass bottles with silicone sleeves in their entirety. This was so not necessary but much appreciated. 1) we already had the glass bottles and 2) we already had the silicone sleeves. So they easily could have either just sent us tops or sent us the glass bottles without the sleeves either of which would have been cheaper options for them. Instead though, they opted to replace them with the exact product we originally purchased. How amazing! I’m extremely impressed!”
Tuesday, 8 March 2016
We’ve randomly chosen winners in last week’s Joovy Tuesday and they are:
Caboose Ultralight Graphite: Jennifer K. Crewell
PPSU Gift Set: Samantha Soto
Congrats ladies! Look for an email in your inbox with prize info.
And, check back tomorrow for an amazing Joovy Tuesday launch with BRAND NEW products!
This week begins with a new Joovy Tuesday and because of your ever-so-awesome interest in last week’s Joovy Tuesday Giveaway, we are going to give away the same TWO GREAT PRIZES:
The Caboose Ultralight is the most convenient and compact way to stroll with children of two different ages. Lightweight and easy to maneuver, your kids will look forward to outings, especially your older child who will love the boost of independence when he/she can choose to sit, stand or walk. Empower your older child and have fun on your outings as a family!
Give with Love with the PPSU Boob Gift Set valued at $129.99
The PPSU Gift Set is the ultra-premium choice in a baby bottle that will provide consistent and satisfying feedings. Designed thoughtfully and with attention to the details that make the most enjoyable feeding experience, the PPSU Boob is easy to clean and reassemble. Includes over 23 essential feeding items including 2 breast pump adapters for pumping directly into the Boob bottles.
Two great giveaways with two chances to win. GOOD LUCK! Winners will be announced next Monday, March 14 here on the blog.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Sunday, 6 March 2016
We had the pleasure of meeting Sharif Atkins and his wife Bethany at the most recent Big City Moms Biggest Baby Shower in Los Angeles on March 1, 2016. Bethany and Sharif are expecting their first, a baby girl, in April. Sharif, star of the NBC medical drama ER and more recently USA Network’s White Collar, and beautiful mom-to-be, took in all things baby at the evening shower. They will be using the Joovy Boob Baby Bottle and Balloon stroller when their little bundle arrives.
Friday, 4 March 2016
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to think about getting outside for fresh air and moving your body. If you’re a new parent looking to get outside with baby along for the ride, you’ll want to do some research on the latest jogging strollers and what they have to offer.
If you’re in this group of active parents, you’ll want to check out what Women’s Running has to say about 6 Brand New Models for Runner Parent’s.
Included in the line-up is our own, Zoom360 Ultralight. Take a look with runner parent, Sarah Canney, RunFarGirl.com, and see how she rates the new entries in the jogging stroller space….
Here’s a snippet (with the Zoom360 Ultralight in the spotlight!):
Joovy Zoom360 Ultralight
Weight: 25.7 lbs
The Rundown: Perfect for taller tots, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight has a high-riding seat and a 75-pound capacity….read more.
Be sure to pick up the May edition of Women’s Running as it will feature these jogging strollers!
Tuesday, 1 March 2016
Thanks again to all who entered both giveaways last week! We continue to be blown away at all the great comments about the Caboose Ultralight Graphite and PPSU Boob!
Our winners this week are:
Caboose Ultralight Graphite: Lindsay Kleiman Balasabas for her blog comment,
PPSU Boob Gift Set: Amanda Bailey Miano for her follow Joovy on Instagram entry!
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 877-456-5049 to claim your prize!
Please tune in tomorrow for another FUN giveaway!
Joovy Tuesday this week is all about practical parenting and empowering your older child! We are offering TWO great giveaways:
1) the NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite stand-on tandem stroller and,
2) the PPSU Boob Gift Set
Both of these products speak to practical parenting and we invite you to enter BOTH for a chance to WIN!
Parents of two know that getting around with two children is twice as fun and sometimes twice as challenging! The NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite offers parents with two children easy mobility in a compact and maneuverable double stroller that gives your older child a “boost” of independence!
At 10% lighter than the original Caboose Ultralight, the NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite has a lean, graphite-colored frame. We’ve also added a new rear canopy extension to cover the rear seated child. The Caboose Ultralight Graphite comes with the neoprene parent organizer has 2 beverages holders and zippered pocket for phone, keys and wallet. Also, the tray and universal infant car seat adapter is INCLUDED so you can create a lightweight travel system for your children. Awesome new colors include: Turquoise, Citron, Red and Black.
Parents love the flexibility and older siblings get a boost of independence and feel like “big kids” when they can choose to sit or stand, face forward or backward, on this tandem stroller.
The second giveaway is for a PPSU Boob Gift Set. PPSU is the best material for baby bottles because the PPSU Boob is BPS, BPA, phthalate and lead FREE, PPSU Boob has properties like glass (and looks like glass too). PPSU Boob doesn’t absorb stains or odors! PPSU Boob doesn’t get cloudy like other materials! PPSU Boob is impact resistant! PPSU Boob can be sterilized, repeatedly at high temps! The PPSU Boob is the most beautiful bottle! This gorgeous set includes 23 feeding essentials including 2 breast pump adapters and 3 sealing caps.
The PPSU Boob Baby Bottle is ideal for transitioning between breast and bottle, and back to breast and is also a great system for bottle feeding babies. Designed for consistent feedings, baby will be satisfied with the nipple shape and you’ll love how easy the Boob is to clean and reassemble.
TWO separate giveaways with TWO great prizes this week! Be sure to share with your friends and any expectant parents!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, 26 February 2016
Have you checked out TTPM.com? TTPM stands for Toys, Tots, Pets and More! It’s the best place for consumers to research and find the best baby gear and playthings for kids and pets.
TTPM is unique in that it is the only site that combines expert written and video reviews with price comparison, one-click purchasing, and product availability at major retailers including Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us, buybuy BABY, GameStop, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Modell’s Sporting Goods, PetCo, PetSmart, and Wag.com.
The TTPM editorial team checked out the Joovy Balloon recently and you can see their review here.
Tuesday, 23 February 2016
Thank you to all who participated in our Joovy Tuesday Boob and Balloon for Baby. We had a record turnout and enjoyed reading your blog comments about the Boob and Balloon. Our winner was randomly chosen by Rafflecopter and her winning entry was answering the question, “Choose your favorite PPSU Boob Baby Bottle feature?” Her response? “You are right Crystal Shannon! And, congratulations, you’ve won the PPSU Gift Set and a Balloon of your choice! You’ll be hearing from us directly. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Joovy Tuesday giveaway with a new theme and product focus.
Today marks the kickoff of Joovy Tuesday for 2016. Joovy Tuesday is our social introduction to new products and award winning favorites. Everyone loves a giveaway and this is your chance to get in on the action with some awesome Joovy swag! This week, we are featuring our PPSU Boob Baby Bottle Gift Set (valued at $130) alongside our brand new Balloon lightweight stroller (valued at $199.99). This week’s giveaway starts at 8am CST, February 23 and ends at 11:59 CST, February 28. Winner will be announced on Monday, February 29, here on the blog!
THE PRIZE INCLUDES: The PPSU Boob Gift Set is a beautiful set with everything you need to get started bottle feeding, including 6 beautiful Boob bottles. We consider PPSU the best material for baby bottles for these reasons:
PPSU Boob is BPS, BPA, phthalate and lead FREE!
PPSU Boob has properties like glass (and looks like glass too)!
PPSU Boob doesn’t absorb stains or odors!
PPSU Boob doesn’t get cloudy like other materials!
PPSU Boob is impact resistant!
PPSU Boob can be sterilized, repeatedly at high temps!
The PPSU Boob is the most beautiful bottle!
We say give with love and this set includes over 23 components, including 2 breast pump adapters that work with most major brand pumps.
Included in this set are:
(3) 9oz./260ml PPSU Bottles with stage 2 nipples, (1) 9oz./260ml Insulator, (3) 5 oz./160ml PPSU Bottles with stage 1 nipples, (1) 5oz./160ml Insulator, (2) Breast Pump Adapters, (3) Sealing Caps, (1) Stage 1 nipple, (1) Stage 2 nipple, (2) Stage 3 nipples, (2) Stage X nipples, (2) Stage 0 nipples, (1) Nipple Brush, (1) Bottle Brush
THE PRIZE INCLUDES: Our newest lightweight stroller, the Balloon! Weighing in at just over 12 lbs., this stroller has:
Reversible handlebar for those times when you want to stroll with direct eye contact with baby
Huge UV canopy with UPF 50
Bassinet-mode for newborns & naptimes on-the-go
Creates a lightweight travel system wit h car seat adapter (included)
Standing one-hand fold
Comes in 6 great colors
Get social this Joovy Tuesday and share some Joovy love with a new or expectant parent! Thanks for joining in and GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Check out our new celebrity FAN, Amy Davidson. Here’s Amy with the PPSU Boob Baby Bottle she received at her recent baby shower. Isn’t she a beautiful expectant mom?!
Photo credit Dusty Lu Photography
Wednesday, 17 February 2016
The Prego Expo Orlando was a great event filled with awesome exhibits, runway fashion show and an exuberant crowd of expectant parents.
The day began at 11 with VIP attendees entering early to get a sneak peak before the masses arrived. Joovy held a raffle to giveaway a Boob Starter Set and parents eagerly signed up to take a chance to go home with this swag and more! Parents were amazed at the practical products shown in the Joovy booth which featured the new Balloon, Caboose Ultralight Graphite, Room2, Wood Nook and Boob Baby Bottle.
Get in line for the next Prego Expo:
The Prego Expo – Jacksonville April 3, 2016
The Prego Expo – Tampa July 17, 2016
The Prego Expo – St. Louis, MO September 18, 2016
Tuesday, 16 February 2016
Finding the right person to babysit your child can be a daunting task. Where do you start? Making a list of questions and being organized can help you decipher and choose. Does your potential sitter pass the approval test? And, most importantly, is this sitter a good fit for your child?
In order to do find the right person, you have to ask the right questions and do your homework. Start by writing down the things you want to ask and know about this person you’ll be trusting with your precious little human. We suggest you approach this as you would for any job-for-hire. Watching your children is in fact a super important job and you want to be sure you’ve covered all your bases.
Before you go into full force hiring a person to watch your child, schedule a meet and greet. This can be a good time for you to meet the potential sitter as well as have them meet your child, and ask important questions to make sure it’s a good fit.
Here’s the start of some questions you might add to your list when interviewing a potential sitter. Take a look and be sure to add your own questions:
What is your schedule?
- When finding the right sitter it’s important to make sure that their schedule will work with yours. Provide to them when you’ll most likely need them the most (Friday evenings, weekday mornings, Sunday afternoons, etc.)
What experience do you have working with children?
- This is an important question to ask. If you need someone to watch your infant, and your potential babysitter has only watched her seven year old brother from time to time they may not be the best fit for your baby.
- Ex. changing diapers, experience with bottle feeding, burping, age range, etc.
Do you have your own transportation?
- It may make it more difficult to have a dependable babysitter if they don’t drive or have a reliable way of getting to and fro
- It may be a good idea to have a sitter with their own wheels, especially in the case of an emergency
Why do you like working with kids?
- Make sure your potential babysitter actually enjoys being around children. Hey, it’s not for everybody!
What activities do you like to do with kids?
- Ex: crafts, music, outdoors, board games
- It’s nice to know your child won’t be glued to the television screen the whole time you’re gone, especially if you’re gone for several hours.
How do you deal with stressful situations?
- Depending on how old your child is, it’s important to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of how your babysitter will deal with stressful situations that are likely to present themselves especially working with kids
- Don’t be afraid to give them tips and pointers as well, you know your child better than anyone for all!
- Ex: Crying baby, arguing siblings, having the ability to say no
Ask them about themselves:
- This is a really important step in the interviewing process, because it allows you to really get to know them.
- Ask questions like: Where are you from? What do you like to do for fun? What are you studying in school?
- It’ll put your mind at ease when you’re gone the more familiar you are with your babysitter. Asking them about themselves will make them more comfortable around you and your child, and it’s good to have a better understanding of the person you’re trusting to watch your child especially if you’d like to have them around for the long run.
Things to observe during a interview:
- How many times the person checks their phone
- Lets face it, we can all be glued to our phones at times, but it’s important to find someone who is more enthusiastic about interacting with your child than checking their social media
- Trust your gut, vibes don’t lie
- Someone could answer all your questions correctly, but if you don’t click with them, then chances are your child won’t either
- How they interact with your child
- Like we said, someone can look great on paper but that doesn’t always mean they’re the best choice
- Make a point to observe how they interact with your child
Most importantly, ASK FOR REFERENCES and follow-up here.
- Ask for at least 3 references. Get phone numbers and email addresses
- Call each and ask what they liked best about the potential sitter
- Ask, “is there anything you think I should know about”
Other tips for finding the right sitter:
- Nothing can reveal a person’s personality quite like their social media can
- Don’t be afraid to ask if they feel comfortable if you friend them on Facebook or twitter. This may seem a little invasive to some, but it can go a long way and is really not a big deal. Make it casual and fun.
- Find them in the right places
- When your kids are young it may seem difficult to find someone to watch your kid when your social circle includes your close friends and their fellow three years olds, but others recommendations can sometimes be the best
- Make a post on Facebook, you’d be surprised at how many people have connections with college kids who have great experience in your area looking for an opportunity
- Use credible websites like: