I’m a stay-at-home dad; and having both a 5 year old and 11month old daughter means that I need parent gadgets for all sorts of things! The age of my kids presents a unique situation when it comes to taking them out. Obviously the baby needs to be carried, but though my 5 year old is very independent, she does get tired, especially when being dragged out for ‘errand day.’ My old stroller was pretty high tech and accommodating, but it was big, clunky, hard to store and travel with, and most of all,y wife hated it! With my new TooFold from Joovy, i get the portability of a cheap collapsible stroller with all the high tech functionality that I need! It’s light, it folds down easily, it has a rugged design with large rear wheels and front shocks, and you will really turn heads when people see it quickly extend to feature a rear pad for a toddler to ride on! I’ve included a video demonstrating how fast I can have this thing out of the vehicle and set up for use! It’s a game changer. I could go on and on about this stroller, but you really don’t understand how cool it is until you handle one! The only thing it lacks is storage, but when you think about it, if it had all the extra storage, it wouldn’t be as easy to use and store.
- Andy, Dad of 2 girls
This is a guest post and giveaway from our friends at Spral Pal, the most amazing way to rinse cloth diapers easily in your home. Joovy is delighted to participate and so happy to share these wonderful products with all of you.
You may be wondering why a brand like Spray Pal would be writing about tips for helping your kids succeed without their cloth diapers, but here’s the thing. Most parents find that their kids will actually potty train sooner when wearing cloth. This is likely due to the fact that with cloth diapers, you have the option of allowing your child to feel the wetness, which signals to them that something has happened down there that they don’t necessarily feel comfortable sitting in, as opposed to disposable diapers which contain harsh chemicals and “stay dry crystals” that are meant to keep your child from feeling wet.
Mini Spray Pal 1.0 actually started noticing this phenomenon at around 18 months, and by 21 months she was telling us in her own words and signals that she wanted to go on the potty and didn’t want to wear her diapers anymore. By waiting until she was ready and going off of her cues, she completely ditched the diapers well before she turned 2, which was bittersweet for me because I loved her adorable fluff!
Not to fear, we still had our little guy rocking the cloth in the NICU. Now that he’s turned 2 and is still facing lots of developmental delays, we’re realizing he’ll probably be in his cloth diapers for an extensive amount of time. That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t start reading his signals and practicing elimination communication for those times he’s clearly showing us he’s ready to go. Every opportunity for him to communicate something with us is a good one, and this will just prepare him down the road as he starts to make the connection that the bathroom and the toilet is where this stuff is actually supposed to happen.
Here are my tips as we start down the road toward bathroom independence:
So, since we’ve recently started working on this with mini Spray Pal 2.0, we have teamed up with some amazing companies to offer some super helpful tips and products that can make this journey easier! One lucky winner will win a gift set containing one of each of these useful products!
Potty Training Must Haves:
1. Oops! Sheet. Prize value $40. This is a waterproof cotton mattress protector for night time potty training and occasional oopsies. Learning is a process, and accidents can happen, so protect your mattress with this great mom-created product! Available in sizes ranging from crib to king.
2. A Joovy Loo. Prize value $40. In the beginning stages of learning, it’s important that your child have a small, easy to access place to practice using the potty. We highly recommend the Joovy Loo potty chair. The folks at Joovy have designed this potty chair to be just as functional as it is stylish, which means it’s easy to clean (always a plus in the Spray Pal household). You can read more about what makes it so great on their website HERE, and one of you will win one below!
3. EcoNuts Natural Ammonia Bouncer. Prize value $16.50. Depending on how many accidents you have to clean up, you may need this product all throughout the various stages of potty training. I’ve actually seen this product in action first hand, and it’s amazing how it actually does destroy the strong ammonia smell with only natural ingredients! Safe to use on cloth diapers or anything that ends up getting pee on it, you can even add it to a spray bottle to spritz it on accident spots.
4. Joovy StepTool. Prize value $20. Some sort of step stool is a good idea to have around from the very beginning stages of potty learning because your kids will feel a great sense of accomplishment after they do their business and wash their hands in the grown up sink. Joovy is giving away one of their stylish StepTools for this purpose, and it will pair perfectly with our next innovative product.
5. Aquaduck Faucet Extender. Prize Value $13. This is another mom invented product that was created out of necessity. When Susanna’s kids were getting to be too big and heavy to hold up to wash their hands, she created the Aquaduck faucet extender to solve the problem. This makes the water from your sink easy for your child to reach when they’re finished using the potty and need to wash up.
6. A Spray Pal. Prize value $25. You’re probably thinking, “Wait a minute. I already have a Spray Pal. Isn’t it just a cloth diaper sprayer splatter shield for protecting my bathroom and walls from the poop splatter? What does this have to do with potty training?” Well, let me tell you. One of our amazing fans gave us an idea for repurposing the Spray Pal splatter shield after your boys are out of diapers! She has a 4 year old who wakes up in the night to use the bathroom all by himself, which is fantastic, until she wakes up in the morning and wonders why her bathroom smells like urine. Turns out in his half asleep state, he is standing in front of the toilet and just spraying away aimlessly, lol. So she suggested putting the Spray Pal in the toilet as pictured before bed, then it will continue to serve its purpose as the perfect splatter shield even while you sleep!
Little Jimmy can wake up and go to the bathroom as always, and mom can wake up, quickly spray down the Spray Pal with the diaper sprayer and stick it back in the wetbag to tuck it away until the next night. No more mystery urine smell, no more mess to clean, everybody’s happy! Also, we love that this makes your investment in a Spray Pal and a sprayer last even longer and it’s a way to reuse something you already have! I’m even envisioning people drawing bulls-eye targets at the bottom of the Spray Pal to make learning to aim easy and fun. So, if you didn’t think the Spray Pal was a bathroom must have before, and you have a little boy, you may want to reconsider.
7. Oops! Undies. Prize value $30. These waterproof bamboo underwear for kids are the perfect reusable option for that transition out of diapers. They look and feel just like regular underwear, but they will protect against minor accidents if your little one is having a hard time making it to the bathroom on time. These are great for mid to later stage potty training, but if you already have some natural fiber cloth diaper inserts or doublers at home that you’d like to add for extra protection, you can use these even longer! Available in sizes for ages 2-7.
8. Easy Daysies Get Dressed and Bathroom Routine Pack. Prize value $18. This handy magnetic schedule is perfect for kids just getting used to the routing of using the bathroom independently. Personally, I think it’s especially great for kids with special needs who really benefit from having each step visually laid out for them. You can tell this was invented by a former teacher, right?
We wish you all the best of luck as we enter this crazy journey together! You can enter in the rafflecopter below to win a prize package containing each of the items listed above, valued at over $200! Thank you for sharing this giveaway as we help #makeclothmainstream
Thanks to Jen at Spray Pal for these great tips and contest!
A huge ‘shout out’ to our good friends at Positive Icon for working with Metro Indonesia on bringing Joovy to the families in Indonesia!
Wow, that was fun! We loved all the great comments and reasons why you would love to have a new TooQool. Thank you for sharing, posting, tweeting and getting the word out about #JoovyRush~
In the end, we had Random.org choose one lucky winner and that person is Laurel Frock! Congratulations Laurel and look in your inbox for how to claim your TooQool! Stay posted for more fun from Joovy!
Guess who’s TooQool? We think YOU! JoovyRush this week is all about this new, super fab double stroller that is outpacing all other new entries on the market in features and functionality. The TooQool has good looks, great components and the QOOLEST name on the planet.
We love that it comes equipped with the second seat (unlike others in this category) and it has a smaller footprint than competitive strollers. That means it is more maneuverable and easier to push, important when pushing two children whether at the park, the mall, the boardwalk or to school.
The TooQool comes in 10 vibrant colors and 2 frame finishes: graphite or silver. Not only does the TooQool have the smoothest ride, it has optional pneumatic wheels for extra all-terrain strolling. In addition, a tray, cup holder, rain cover and stroller board are available for add-on value. So much more to this amazing stroller. Please check it out here.
Enter our JoovyRush contest this week below.
Have you signed up for our monthly drawing? If so, you’re in line to win $100 to spend on our website. Every month we choose a name at random and they can spend it on a Qool, Tricycoo, Spoon, Boobs, or anything they want to try. What would you choose to spend your loot on if you won? Our winner for April has been drawn and it is Camille Lucia. Congrats Camille and thanks for your interest in Joovy! Be sure to check your inbox for information on how to redeem your prize!
And, if you haven’t already signed up, be sure to sign up today! Next drawing is early May. Prize is $100 to spend at joovy.com!!!
I just wanted to say thank you for making the joovy boob. My 3 month old son is exclusively breast fed but I wanted to have a bottle on hand so daddy could feed sometimes. We tried 5 different types of bottles (born free, avent, dr. Browns, tommee tippee and playtex drop ins) and my son refused every single one. Finally one day at buy buy baby I came across the boob bottle and figured why not give it a try. My son instantly took the bottle, and didn’t even flinch. To date he has taken it 4 times with no problems at all. He even suffers from acid reflux and the bottle has not been any problem. I am so thankful for these bottles and how wonderful they are. I can’t sing enough praises.
- Jessica Cook
It was a record week for #JoovyRush with our biggest pool of entries yet! Thanks to all who liked, shared, and posted on our blog! The winner has been selected by Random.org and the #JoovyRush winner for a new Qool is Ashley Sid Burson! Congrats Ashley, and be sure to check your inbox for instructions on how to redeem your prize! Are you ready for one more week of #JoovyRush? Can you guess what we’re giving away?
Are you ready to Joovy Rush this week for the hottest, new luxury-class stroller? The stylish Qool has amazing features, custom detailing and all the best for baby.
Our winner will choose a Qool of your choice.
Here are some of the luxuries that make the Qool the absolute best choice in stroller today:
To enter, LIKE the post on Facebook, SHARE #JoovyRush on Facebook and Twitter, and CLICK here our Rafflecopter here for your chance to win!
Check out our new celebrity FAN Kendra Wilkinson-Baskett!!!
Joovy was thrilled to have participated in Kendra’s Baby Sprinkle. Here she is with her new Joovy Qool in hot pink and graphite.
Welcome to Joovy Kendra!
Photography courtesy of Dusty Lu Photography