Friday, 4 March 2016
With spring just around the corner, it’s time to think about getting outside for fresh air and moving your body. If you’re a new parent looking to get outside with baby along for the ride, you’ll want to do some research on the latest jogging strollers and what they have to offer.
If you’re in this group of active parents, you’ll want to check out what Women’s Running has to say about 6 Brand New Models for Runner Parent’s.
Included in the line-up is our own, Zoom360 Ultralight. Take a look with runner parent, Sarah Canney, RunFarGirl.com, and see how she rates the new entries in the jogging stroller space….
Here’s a snippet (with the Zoom360 Ultralight in the spotlight!):
Joovy Zoom360 Ultralight
Weight: 25.7 lbs
The Rundown: Perfect for taller tots, the Joovy Zoom 360 Ultralight has a high-riding seat and a 75-pound capacity….read more.
Be sure to pick up the May edition of Women’s Running as it will feature these jogging strollers!
Tuesday, 1 March 2016
Thanks again to all who entered both giveaways last week! We continue to be blown away at all the great comments about the Caboose Ultralight Graphite and PPSU Boob!
Our winners this week are:
Caboose Ultralight Graphite: Lindsay Kleiman Balasabas for her blog comment,
PPSU Boob Gift Set: Amanda Bailey Miano for her follow Joovy on Instagram entry!
Please contact us at email@example.com or 877-456-5049 to claim your prize!
Please tune in tomorrow for another FUN giveaway!
Joovy Tuesday this week is all about practical parenting and empowering your older child! We are offering TWO great giveaways:
1) the NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite stand-on tandem stroller and,
2) the PPSU Boob Gift Set
Both of these products speak to practical parenting and we invite you to enter BOTH for a chance to WIN!
Parents of two know that getting around with two children is twice as fun and sometimes twice as challenging! The NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite offers parents with two children easy mobility in a compact and maneuverable double stroller that gives your older child a “boost” of independence!
At 10% lighter than the original Caboose Ultralight, the NEW Caboose Ultralight Graphite has a lean, graphite-colored frame. We’ve also added a new rear canopy extension to cover the rear seated child. The Caboose Ultralight Graphite comes with the neoprene parent organizer has 2 beverages holders and zippered pocket for phone, keys and wallet. Also, the tray and universal infant car seat adapter is INCLUDED so you can create a lightweight travel system for your children. Awesome new colors include: Turquoise, Citron, Red and Black.
Parents love the flexibility and older siblings get a boost of independence and feel like “big kids” when they can choose to sit or stand, face forward or backward, on this tandem stroller.
The second giveaway is for a PPSU Boob Gift Set. PPSU is the best material for baby bottles because the PPSU Boob is BPS, BPA, phthalate and lead FREE, PPSU Boob has properties like glass (and looks like glass too). PPSU Boob doesn’t absorb stains or odors! PPSU Boob doesn’t get cloudy like other materials! PPSU Boob is impact resistant! PPSU Boob can be sterilized, repeatedly at high temps! The PPSU Boob is the most beautiful bottle! This gorgeous set includes 23 feeding essentials including 2 breast pump adapters and 3 sealing caps.
The PPSU Boob Baby Bottle is ideal for transitioning between breast and bottle, and back to breast and is also a great system for bottle feeding babies. Designed for consistent feedings, baby will be satisfied with the nipple shape and you’ll love how easy the Boob is to clean and reassemble.
TWO separate giveaways with TWO great prizes this week! Be sure to share with your friends and any expectant parents!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Friday, 26 February 2016
Have you checked out TTPM.com? TTPM stands for Toys, Tots, Pets and More! It’s the best place for consumers to research and find the best baby gear and playthings for kids and pets.
TTPM is unique in that it is the only site that combines expert written and video reviews with price comparison, one-click purchasing, and product availability at major retailers including Amazon, Wal-Mart, Target, Toys“R”Us, Babies“R”Us, buybuy BABY, GameStop, Best Buy, Sports Authority, Modell’s Sporting Goods, PetCo, PetSmart, and Wag.com.
The TTPM editorial team checked out the Joovy Balloon recently and you can see their review here.
Comments Off on TTPM Reviews the Balloon
Tuesday, 23 February 2016
Thank you to all who participated in our Joovy Tuesday Boob and Balloon for Baby. We had a record turnout and enjoyed reading your blog comments about the Boob and Balloon. Our winner was randomly chosen by Rafflecopter and her winning entry was answering the question, “Choose your favorite PPSU Boob Baby Bottle feature?” Her response? “You are right Crystal Shannon! And, congratulations, you’ve won the PPSU Gift Set and a Balloon of your choice! You’ll be hearing from us directly. Stay tuned for tomorrow’s Joovy Tuesday giveaway with a new theme and product focus.
Today marks the kickoff of Joovy Tuesday for 2016. Joovy Tuesday is our social introduction to new products and award winning favorites. Everyone loves a giveaway and this is your chance to get in on the action with some awesome Joovy swag! This week, we are featuring our PPSU Boob Baby Bottle Gift Set (valued at $130) alongside our brand new Balloon lightweight stroller (valued at $199.99). This week’s giveaway starts at 8am CST, February 23 and ends at 11:59 CST, February 28. Winner will be announced on Monday, February 29, here on the blog!
THE PRIZE INCLUDES: The PPSU Boob Gift Set is a beautiful set with everything you need to get started bottle feeding, including 6 beautiful Boob bottles. We consider PPSU the best material for baby bottles for these reasons:
PPSU Boob is BPS, BPA, phthalate and lead FREE!
PPSU Boob has properties like glass (and looks like glass too)!
PPSU Boob doesn’t absorb stains or odors!
PPSU Boob doesn’t get cloudy like other materials!
PPSU Boob is impact resistant!
PPSU Boob can be sterilized, repeatedly at high temps!
The PPSU Boob is the most beautiful bottle!
We say give with love and this set includes over 23 components, including 2 breast pump adapters that work with most major brand pumps.
Included in this set are:
(3) 9oz./260ml PPSU Bottles with stage 2 nipples, (1) 9oz./260ml Insulator, (3) 5 oz./160ml PPSU Bottles with stage 1 nipples, (1) 5oz./160ml Insulator, (2) Breast Pump Adapters, (3) Sealing Caps, (1) Stage 1 nipple, (1) Stage 2 nipple, (2) Stage 3 nipples, (2) Stage X nipples, (2) Stage 0 nipples, (1) Nipple Brush, (1) Bottle Brush
THE PRIZE INCLUDES: Our newest lightweight stroller, the Balloon! Weighing in at just over 12 lbs., this stroller has:
Reversible handlebar for those times when you want to stroll with direct eye contact with baby
Huge UV canopy with UPF 50
Bassinet-mode for newborns & naptimes on-the-go
Creates a lightweight travel system wit h car seat adapter (included)
Standing one-hand fold
Comes in 6 great colors
Get social this Joovy Tuesday and share some Joovy love with a new or expectant parent! Thanks for joining in and GOOD LUCK!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Thursday, 18 February 2016
Check out our new celebrity FAN, Amy Davidson. Here’s Amy with the PPSU Boob Baby Bottle she received at her recent baby shower. Isn’t she a beautiful expectant mom?!
Photo credit Dusty Lu Photography
Comments Off on Amy Davidson is a Fan of Joovy!
Wednesday, 17 February 2016
The Prego Expo Orlando was a great event filled with awesome exhibits, runway fashion show and an exuberant crowd of expectant parents.
The day began at 11 with VIP attendees entering early to get a sneak peak before the masses arrived. Joovy held a raffle to giveaway a Boob Starter Set and parents eagerly signed up to take a chance to go home with this swag and more! Parents were amazed at the practical products shown in the Joovy booth which featured the new Balloon, Caboose Ultralight Graphite, Room2, Wood Nook and Boob Baby Bottle.
Get in line for the next Prego Expo:
The Prego Expo – Jacksonville April 3, 2016
The Prego Expo – Tampa July 17, 2016
The Prego Expo – St. Louis, MO September 18, 2016
Comments Off on Joovy Attends The Prego Expo Orlando February 7
Tuesday, 16 February 2016
Finding the right person to babysit your child can be a daunting task. Where do you start? Making a list of questions and being organized can help you decipher and choose. Does your potential sitter pass the approval test? And, most importantly, is this sitter a good fit for your child?
In order to do find the right person, you have to ask the right questions and do your homework. Start by writing down the things you want to ask and know about this person you’ll be trusting with your precious little human. We suggest you approach this as you would for any job-for-hire. Watching your children is in fact a super important job and you want to be sure you’ve covered all your bases.
Before you go into full force hiring a person to watch your child, schedule a meet and greet. This can be a good time for you to meet the potential sitter as well as have them meet your child, and ask important questions to make sure it’s a good fit.
Here’s the start of some questions you might add to your list when interviewing a potential sitter. Take a look and be sure to add your own questions:
What is your schedule?
- When finding the right sitter it’s important to make sure that their schedule will work with yours. Provide to them when you’ll most likely need them the most (Friday evenings, weekday mornings, Sunday afternoons, etc.)
What experience do you have working with children?
- This is an important question to ask. If you need someone to watch your infant, and your potential babysitter has only watched her seven year old brother from time to time they may not be the best fit for your baby.
- Ex. changing diapers, experience with bottle feeding, burping, age range, etc.
Do you have your own transportation?
- It may make it more difficult to have a dependable babysitter if they don’t drive or have a reliable way of getting to and fro
- It may be a good idea to have a sitter with their own wheels, especially in the case of an emergency
Why do you like working with kids?
- Make sure your potential babysitter actually enjoys being around children. Hey, it’s not for everybody!
What activities do you like to do with kids?
- Ex: crafts, music, outdoors, board games
- It’s nice to know your child won’t be glued to the television screen the whole time you’re gone, especially if you’re gone for several hours.
How do you deal with stressful situations?
- Depending on how old your child is, it’s important to ask the right questions to get a good understanding of how your babysitter will deal with stressful situations that are likely to present themselves especially working with kids
- Don’t be afraid to give them tips and pointers as well, you know your child better than anyone for all!
- Ex: Crying baby, arguing siblings, having the ability to say no
Ask them about themselves:
- This is a really important step in the interviewing process, because it allows you to really get to know them.
- Ask questions like: Where are you from? What do you like to do for fun? What are you studying in school?
- It’ll put your mind at ease when you’re gone the more familiar you are with your babysitter. Asking them about themselves will make them more comfortable around you and your child, and it’s good to have a better understanding of the person you’re trusting to watch your child especially if you’d like to have them around for the long run.
Things to observe during a interview:
- How many times the person checks their phone
- Lets face it, we can all be glued to our phones at times, but it’s important to find someone who is more enthusiastic about interacting with your child than checking their social media
- Trust your gut, vibes don’t lie
- Someone could answer all your questions correctly, but if you don’t click with them, then chances are your child won’t either
- How they interact with your child
- Like we said, someone can look great on paper but that doesn’t always mean they’re the best choice
- Make a point to observe how they interact with your child
Most importantly, ASK FOR REFERENCES and follow-up here.
- Ask for at least 3 references. Get phone numbers and email addresses
- Call each and ask what they liked best about the potential sitter
- Ask, “is there anything you think I should know about”
Other tips for finding the right sitter:
- Nothing can reveal a person’s personality quite like their social media can
- Don’t be afraid to ask if they feel comfortable if you friend them on Facebook or twitter. This may seem a little invasive to some, but it can go a long way and is really not a big deal. Make it casual and fun.
- Find them in the right places
- When your kids are young it may seem difficult to find someone to watch your kid when your social circle includes your close friends and their fellow three years olds, but others recommendations can sometimes be the best
- Make a post on Facebook, you’d be surprised at how many people have connections with college kids who have great experience in your area looking for an opportunity
- Use credible websites like:
Comments Off on Blog Post: Babysitter Questionnaire
Monday, 8 February 2016
20 Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
We live in a prevailing world of social-media. There are some wonderful benefits to social-media: keeping in touch with long-time friends, getting your brand out there, even just social-media intended for a good laugh. With the good, however, always comes the bad. There are some cringe-worthy posts out there that make you want to run and hide…far far away from the internet.
We’ve compiled a list of the Dos and the Don’ts for posting online and consider these best practices good advice for anyone on social media.
- Do post pictures regularly
- Don’t feel the need to post excessively throughout the day
- Do proofread before posting
- Don’t include profanity in your posts
- Do keep it classy
- Don’t post negative comments
- Do spread positivity and compliment others
- Don’t use social-media to insult others, if you have something bad to say keep it off the internet
- Do remember whatever you post will be on the internet for the long-run
- Don’t feel the need to prove you’re having a great life through social-media
- Do enjoy life, and post on social-media if you feel it’s beneficial
- Don’t post personal information
- Do use social-media to stay connected
- Don’t give into comparing yourself to others by followers and likes, that’s not what life is about
- Do post what makes you happy
- Don’t ever feel obligated to post anything
- Do take frequent breaks from social media. Nothing’s worse than trying to have a conversation with someone scrolling through their Instagram feed
- Don’t use social media to rant about personal problems, that’s what friends are for
- Do respond back to other people’s comments on your posts, it lets them know you’ve seen and value what they have to say
- Don’t give into social media drama, if you see it stay clear, there is no need to get yourself involved
Comments Off on Blog Post: Social Media Do’s and Don’ts
Monday, 1 February 2016
Developing Self-Esteem In Girls
Developing self-esteem in girls is so important to begin at a young age, because that foundation is something you carry with you throughout your whole life. Self-esteem not only affects the way we see ourselves but it can also play a role in the goals we set for ourselves and our ability to achieve those goals.
We live in a tough day and age as photoshop and filters prevail. This idea of “perfection” is something girls think is obtainable because they see it in magazines or on the television screen, but let’s be realistic, it’s not.
It’s important to shows girls their self-worth from a young age. Of course, it’s important to show boys as well, but especially in today’s world girls become more subject to low self-esteems. This stems from a young age.
Girls see this false image of perfection, whether it be in a Disney movie or their favorite fashion doll, it creates a sense of desire to obtain the unobtainable. Now we’re not saying, don’t let your daughter watch her favorite fairy movie or play with dolls, but it’s important to establish real beauty versus what we see on TV.
Real beauty is what’s on the inside. Having a kind heart, being honest, brains. This is what matters. Beauty can go far, but brains can go even farther!
- Every day tell your daughter how proud of her you are!
- Sometimes we forget what an impact acceptance plays in self-esteem
- The way we see our child becomes the way they see themselves, as long as you remember to remind them how special they are
- Avoid using terms that speak negatively about outer appearance like “fat” or “ugly”
- According to the NEDA (National Eating Disorder Association) website “40-60% of elementary school girls (ages 6-12) are concerned about their weight or about becoming too fat. This concern endures through life.”
- Starting negativity spreads negativity
- Drop comparisons
- Once we start comparing ourselves to others we tend to lose sight of all the great qualities we possess
- Try to not compare your daughter to others
- Be active
- There is no doubt that leading an active life is both beneficial for the body and mind, starting this at a young age is important
- Plan date days doing things that your daughter enjoys
- Setting aside time during our hectic lives to enjoy quality time with your daughter will help boost their self-esteem
- It’s so important to teach young girls that their voice matters
- Taking the time to hear what your daughter has to say will help develop her self-worth at a young age
- Give them freedom to make choices
- Don’t become a helicopter when parenting
- Of course it’s important to teach her but let her make certain decisions for herself, on their own
- Making wrong decisions is how we learn
- Encourage her dreams
- Young girls are capable of anything!
- Remind them of that
We love the Always campaign from a couple years ago #LikeAGirl empowering young women to believe in their ability. No one should feel hindered in their capabilities because of their sex. Check out this video:
And this from GoldieBlox “A toy company out to show the world that girls deserve more choices than dolls and princesses. We believe that femininity is strong and girls will build the future — literally.” :
Remember, Girls Rule!
Comments Off on Blog Post: Developing Self-Esteem In Girls
Thursday, 21 January 2016
Baby it’s cold!
Headed out for a jog with my little carrot top and our Joovy Zoom! Thanks for helping this mom get back in shape 🙂
Photo by Ginger J.
Comments Off on Baby It’s Cold Outside!