We’re a bit nostalgic at Joovy and believe that this time of the year truly is the ‘most wonderful time of the year.’ So much beauty, excitement and anticipation.
Joovy thinks the most rewarding aspect of the holiday hoopla is creating wonderful memories for our children and yours.
As you know, Joovy is all about family so we’d like to share some of our favorite photos of our family on and around the holiday and ask you to do the same in our Holiday Photo Contest, The Most Wonderful Time of the Year.
Yes, that is Joovy President, Rob at Christmas just a few years ago! Was he doing market research on our Tricycoo? Perhaps.
We’ll be sharing more pictures of our Joovy staff and family here on the blog and in the photo contest. Joovy employees are not eligible to win, we just want to give you a good old belly laugh! Stay tuned and be sure to enter The Most Wonderful Time of the Year which runs through December.
Joovy is thankful for so many things. Today, we are Thankful for Troops who have served in the past or who are serving now. We are very grateful, proud and thankful for your dedication to our country.
Who do you know who has served this country and is in need of a Joovy stroller, highchair or playard? Share their brief story on our blog and on our Facebook page to nominate a friend, loved one or family in need.
And THANK YOU TO ALL WHO SERVE.
And, our winner was nominated by Kathryn Patti. Kathryn shared with me that, “my husband was Matt’s commander in Afghanistan and after their time together he thinks of Matt like a brother. They will be so excited to receive a product from you! Thanks again for supporting military families!”
I’d like to nominate my good friends Jill and Matt Carpenter. Matt is a member of the Ohio Army National Guard and was deployed to Afghanistan during 2010. While home on R&R he and Jill got pregnant with their little boy Jax. Matt was able to make it home just in time for Jax’s birth! Jill and Matt are a very deserving military family. While most people recognize the sacrifice our military men and women make, few understand the sacrifice made by the family members soldiers leave behind. While Matt was deployed Jill had to endure not only those notorious crazy pregnancy hormones but she also had to deal with the additional stress of having a spouse deployed and managing a household and pregnancy on her own. She did so with grace and honor. I’d love for Jill, Matt and their 10 month old son Jax to be able to receive a Joovy Nook Highchair as a way to say THANK YOU for their service and dedication to this country.
This is the week for our second annual Joovy Warehouse Sale in Irvine, California. We are busy getting ready for YOO! Come by on Friday, November 18 or Saturday, November 19 for super cool Joovy gear and guess who else? JuJuBe!!!
The Joovy Hook was featured in this week’s Up All Night with Christina Applegate and Will Arnett.
The Joovy Hook is the only deluxe leatherette fabric hook-on chair on the market. The Hook’s anodized aluminum frame not only looks great, it’s super lightweight and strong. The patented folding mechanism utilizes die-cast aluminum components to support a child up to 37 lbs. The Hook requires no assembly or dis-assembly. Folding and unfolding this portable seat is easy; just two buttons to push and two arms to fold. The durable, comfortable leatherette seat has an adjustable 3-point harness and is 10.5 inches deep to provide more stability and room for the child. Just like the ultra-high-end highchairs on the market today, the Hook’s leatherette fabric is easy to wipe clean and doesn’t sacrifice comfort for cleanliness. The Hook’s arms have non-slip rubber grip pads to protect tables. The Hook includes a 600D zippered travel bag with an adjustable shoulder strap. The Hook is very compact and fits in most diaper bags. The Joovy Hook measures 15.25 x 13 x 5 and weighs 5 lbs.
Are you ready to Get Joovy?
We had so much fun last year that we’ve decided to do it again!
Will you join us?
There will be a bit of everything Joovy!
Savings up to 75%
Please share with your friends!
We love how you all **Get Groovy, Get Joovy!**
We had soooo much fun with this Groovy photo contest. Your beautiful kiddos are all looking very Groovy in their Halloween costumes!
It was really hard to choose but, we think this picture captures the pure Grooviness and excitement of Halloween. Look at the smiles on these faces! These children show absolute wonder and their smiles are contagious! Congrats to their mom, Erin Klooz, the winner of the new Joovy Groove in Greenie!!! Here’s what Erin says about Joovy, “I love my Joovy Caboose! my husband jokes about how much I love it. I won’t let him fold it for fear he’ll break it! The grooviest thing…the maneuverability of Joovy! I don’t fear tight spaces because I know Joovy can groove right on through!”
And, because Joovy cares about YOO, and YOO all shared your favorites with friends and family, we are going to give another Groove to the mom whose picture got the most ‘likes.’
Here’s what Tilly’s mom,Shannon has to say about Joovy: ” I think the grooviest thing about Joovy is that there’s a Joovy for every situation! I feel groovy when I’m pushing my Joovy and my little girl feels groovy riding in it (I can tell by her new-found ‘moves’) They come in groovy colors and styles. In fact, there’s nothing that’s NOT groovy about Joovy!”
So, the first Joovy Groove in Blueberry is on its way to Australia!!! Congratulations Shannon!
Runner up is Cassandra Eastman with her picture of her pirate! Cassandra says she likes, “the groovy color options” available for the Groove: Blueberry, Orangie, Greenie and Black. We’d like to offer Cassandra a $100 shopping spree at www.joovy.com to be used before the end of the year!
Here’s a look at some of the other Groovy kids….. We think they are all adorable! Thanks to everyone!
Thanks to all for Getting Groovy, Getting Joovy!
Here are some tips for safe Trick or Treating with children.
1. Make sure all costumes with masks have sufficient room for your child to see and breathe. For small children, I prefer not to have anything over their eyes and face, because they can’t always tell you if they can see or breathe.
2. If you have a child who’s in a stroller with you, make sure they can be strapped in and comfortable if they are sitting in it (you may have to rethink the puffy dinosaur costume!).
3. If you are walking at night, make sure you have reflective tape on your child and their stroller — the new Groove has reflective stripes on the harness pads. Or you can find Nathan 27-Inch Reflective Tape on Amazon.com and apply it. Glow sticks necklaces and bracelets are also fun (and will help).
4. Go to houses and stores that you know (this is not the time to go to the creepy house on the block).
5. Sort through your child’s candy when you get home and decide how many pieces they can eat per day. And obviously if any candy looks like it was opened or tampered with, throw it out immediately. Your kid may scream, but listen to your instincts. Or hold a “Trade Your Candy In” for a bigger treat, like a new small toy or cupcake from the local bakery.
6. Take the weather into account — buy costumes that you can put a jacket over or under if it’s cold or rainy.
7. Walking with a strollers — make sure you have a plan on how your other kids will stay next to you (if you are using a stroller). The carry handle on the side of a stroller may work well or by holding onto your stroller’s handles.
Contributed by Nancy Johnson Horn